Sunday, October 3, 2010

Favourite Digital Artist - Dianae

I found Dianae on Deviantart.com a few years ago. I think that it is her work that really made me want to take up digital painting. She is by far my favourite non-famous digital artist.

This is the first painting by her that I found. I could not believe that something could be digital and be so incredibly beautiful, detailed and realistic. If you look at this image very closely, you can see small details like pores in the skin. She has done a very good tutorial on this painting that takes you through the process.
I love the look of the glitter in her eye makeup, the pearls, glass beads, gold etc.










I absolutely love the colours in this image - the way that the character contrasts with the background. It is incredibly weird - she must have an amazing imagination. I absolutely love her painting style. She blends everything so well and uses textures very well too.







I love the texture of the girl's skin in this image - like her skin is scaly or cracked. The facial expressions here are also so amazing. She is really good at creating emotion-driven narratives in her work.










Again, I absolutely love this image's use of colours and textures.

















She also does absolutely amazing character designs. She has a very good knowledge of colour use.

















Again, here you can see the brilliant use of a colour palette.


















I absolutely love the way the hair has been done in this image - it really helps to create an environment in what is otherwise mostly black/shadow. It tells the viewer that the characters are under water.

















I love how she uses contrasting colours to create powerful, vibrant images such as this one.

















It is my aim to one day hopefully be able to paint like this. I love how she is able to explore with human characters in such subtle ways that they still remain humanly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment